Payroll Administrator - £20,000 to £22,000 - Newport
Your new company
A well established and successful business based in Newport are looking for an experienced and motivated Payroll Administrator to report into the Payroll Supervisor and join the well-established Payroll team to provide a full and confidential payroll service to the UK business.
Your new role
Reporting to the Payroll Team Supervisor, you will be responsible for accurately calculating and processing high volume monthly payrolls for your business area, whilst providing expert advice and guidance to employees on all aspects of PAYE and dealing with all payroll queries. You will also reconcile the HMRC submissions, ensure all process guides are up to date and support and test any systems changes that affect the payroll calculations. Roles and Responsibilities:
- To accurately calculate and process high volume monthly payrolls for area of responsibility
- Provide expert advice and guidance to employees on all aspects of PAYE
- Deal with all payroll queries in a timely manner
- To ensure that payroll has an up to date manual/guide available detailing all processes and procedures
- To provide support in the annual pay review and bonus process
- To fully test any changes to the system which affect the calculation of payroll
- Actively promote all company benefits to employees
- Produce internal reports adhering to deadlines
- To keep up to date with changes in payroll related legislation
- To provide a backup for the other payroll team members
- Provide administrative support for all Pensions, Group Risk and Salary Sacrifice arrangements
- Provide reports when requested
- Maintain accurate recording systems
What you'll need to succeed
You will need experience within payroll and dealing with high volume. Desirably you will have an in-depth knowledge of 'good practice' payroll processing and procedures, be up to date with PAYE legislation, and have an understanding of pensions, benefits and salary sacrifice schemes coupled with the ability to efficiently use payroll software.
You will need good numeration skills and to be looking for somewhere to enhance your career.
What you'll get in return
My client is offering a fantastic opportunity and a highly competitive salary of between £20,000 to £22,000 and package dependant on experience and skill set with a great internal company structure.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.