2nd line IT Service Desk Operator
The company is an award winning Direct Marketing company with a market-leading reputation for manufacturing and service excellence.
Working as part of the Service Desk team, this role is internal customer facing. Dealing with incidents and service fulfilment, as well as escalations from 1st Line.
This role will also handle end user training.
Knowledge of ITIL would be a benefit, but full training will be given.
This role will suit a customer focused individual with a passion for desktop environments and enabling users to make the most from the systems available to them.
The person will need to occasionally handle end user training and documentation, so effective communication skills are important.
Key Skills (as many of these as possible)
- Microsoft Office (preferably Office 365)
- Active Directory (administration)
- Laptop Imaging and builds
- Basic networking (IPs, default gateway, DNS, DHCP)
- Microsoft Exchange (administration)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Protection
- Citrix XenApp
- Windows 7,8, 10, MAC OSX
- Windows Server 2008+
- Backup Exec, Veeam (basics only)
Work Aptitudes and Core Traits
- Good social and interpersonal skills
- Orderly and efficient
- High self-esteem and a positive and enthusiastic approach
- Logic and reasoning skills
- Relationship Management
- Incident management and service fulfilment
- Escalated tickets from 1st Line
- End user training and documentation
- Problem logging and escalation
Education and Experience
- Will suit an experienced 1st line operator who enjoys evangelising technology
- Bonus - ITIL Foundation
- Microsoft Desktop/Office certifications