Accounts Manager Accountancy Practice
Trial Balance is working with a highly progressive firm of Chartered Accountants based in Chard to assist with the recruitment of an experienced Client Manager to take responsibility for managing a portfolio of clients.
This multifaceted role will have a varied focus to include the delivery of accountancy and tax compliance engagements, planning and budgeting of jobs, staff mentorship, supervision and appraisal, and business development and networking.
Your specific duties will include:
* Preparation of statutory accounts and financial statements.
* Tax return preparation and provision of tax planning advice.
* Organising and monitoring the work flow ensuring client service levels and deadlines are met
* Review of accounts prepared by the accounts staff
* Supervision, training and generally supporting the accounts staff
* Drafting letters ready for final clearance by the Partners
* Assist with marketing work and attending marketing events
* Meeting and liaising with clients
* Identification of opportunities to sell additional services
* Participating in monthly managers meetings and taking ownership of specific areas of responsibilities
This role would suit a candidate who is fully ACA or ACCA qualified with significant current and relevant experience in all aspects of accounts preparation and taxation in a practice environment. As this role will see you partnering very closely with your clients, you will need to be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the technical know-how to establish credibility.
In exchange, this firm offers a professional working environment with flexible working practices designed to promote a healthy work-life balance. Excellent opportunities are available for career and personal development, and full CPD support can be offered alongside a very competitive salary package.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for, then I would love to hear from you. Please apply ASAP addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE3599.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.