Highbury Recruitment are working closely together with their client to hire a Commercial Manager for their structural steel contractors.
Within this role the successful candidate will manage all commercial & contractual functions for the bespoke projects undertaken by the company,
Maintain good relationships with clients, main contractors, professionals, subcontractors and suppliers.
The candidate will aspire to build upon the existing strengths within the team and have commercial processes to ensure continued success across all the company sectors.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Enhance commercial management processes and control measures designed to minimise risk and maximize operational performance of contracts.
2. Assisting in finalising conditions of contract for new work
3. Work with colleagues in the commercial control structure to ensure that commercial targets and objectives are achieved
4. Manage and report monthly cost value reconciliation processes and present to Directors
5. Monitor timely cash collection in relation to client invoices
6. Oversee the selection, vetting and placement of sub-contractors agreements and contractual conditions
7. Collect and maximise all contractual variations, minimize contractual irregularities and problems
8. Bring innovate solutions to department functions
9. Commercially reviewing bids, with focus on payment mechanisms.
10. Pre- and Post-tender meeting with the Client team to carry out value engineering exercises if necessary liaising with the relevant internal departments and suppliers and/or subcontractors as appropriate
11. Providing advice and support to aid correct mobilisation of new contracts
12. Providing support to Operation's team for more complex negotiations and dispute/claim resolutions
1. Highly numerate with well-developed ability to deal with numerical information
2. Preferable steel and glass experience
3. Confident and resourceful
4. Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
5. Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
6. Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills; well-spoken and personable
7. Strong analytical, reporting and reasoning abilities
8. Good organisation skills and professional, switched on" attitude with excellent attention to detail
9. Ability to work within tight deadlines
This is a full time permanant position.
An excellent package is available for the right person for this job vacancy.
Please contact Laura @ Highbury Recruitment for more information or send a cv along with a covering email (agy)