2nd line IT Operations Team Technician
7 days left
- Full Time
The company is an award winning Direct Marketing company with a market-leading reputation for manufacturing and service excellence.
Working as part of the IT Operations team, this role is responsible for the day to day running and maintenance of the IT systems.
There will also be an element of problem management.
Knowledge of ITIL would be a benefit, but full training will be given.
This role requires the candidate to have exposure with servers and working on backend systems. It will suit someone who is 2nd line and looking to progress to 3rd line. They will be responsible for maintenance of the systems, such as patching (using software to automate the process) and troubleshooting general issues that pop up on monitoring.
As part of this role they will interact regularly with 3rd line, offering them an excellent chance to increase their knowledge at a very fast pace.
Key Skills (as many as possible of these)
- Microsoft Office (preferably Office 365)
- Active Directory
- Networking (routing, firewall, DNS, DHCP)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Kaspersky Endpoint Protection
- Citrix XenApp
- Windows 7,8, 10, MAC OSX
- Windows Server 2008+
- Backup Exec, Veeam
- SQL Server
- Web Server technologies
- Zabbix Monitoring
Work Aptitudes and Core Traits
- Good social and interpersonal skills
- Orderly and efficient
- High self-esteem and a positive and enthusiastic approach
- Logic and reasoning skills
- Relationship Management
- Incident management and service fulfilment when required
- Escalated tickets from 1st Line
- Some Problem Management
- Patch Management of servers and desktops
- Server maintenance (SSL certificates, general errors)
- Documentation of solutions/workarounds
- Server Builds (from images and scripts)
Education and Experience
- The role will suit an experienced 2nd line technician who is looking to move to 3rd line
- Bonus - ITIL Foundation