Business Development Manager - ES3229
A Shoreditch-based digital marketing agency, specialising in CRO, are looking for a Business Development Manager to lead the pitches and proposals to potential clients.
Our client is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with a robust understanding of the digital marketing space to turn new business opportunities into client wins in the UK and EMEA. The company are a digital performance marketing agency and they are seeking a Business Development Manager to help them in the sales processes of winning new business.
Their Business Development department is responsible for accelerating growth by identifying and converting opportunities to meet sales objectives. It’s the opportunistic, growth-focused hub of the company, championing the client voice and service-line integration. Does this sound like something you have experience in? Keep reading!
The successful Business Development Manager can expect the following responsibilities:
• In this role, you will contribute to agency revenue by converting lead relationships with ROI-oriented brands into agency clients.
• Distil complex ideas into simple and compelling stories that are delivered in sales calls and meetings, and pitch presentations.
• Forge productive professional relationships with prospects in their pipeline, colleagues and influencers in the industry.
• Collaborate with the Sales Manager to score individual lead quality and agency fit for go/no-go decisions.
• Transition leads from the Sales Managers’ pipeline through project scope definition and pitch preparation.
• Respond to leads that come from agency publicity, other colleagues and our partners.
• Lead pitch teams of agency SME’s and support teams on project management, strategy and story-line development, proposal development, pitch document creation and pitch presentations.
• Attend industry events and represent the agency to audiences of peers and prospects.
• Collaborate with senior management to develop new, and evolve existing, products that provide solutions to client business requirements.
• You will report into the Global BD Partner and work closely with the UK Managing Director.
The successful Business Development Manager should have the following experience and skill set:
• 3+ years of experience in successfully driving revenue streams within the digital marketing space - please note: digital marketing experience is an absolute MUST.
• Excellent organisational and project management skills.
• Be highly curious about digital marketing, eCommerce and industry developments.
• Have the ability to acquire, accumulate, and accurately report on sales activity.
• Strong oral and written communication - you should be able to put sophisticated technical or strategic ideas into layman’s terms.
• Experience in selling bespoke products and services, rather than 'off the shelf’ products.
• Strong commercial knowledge.
• You must be highly emotionally intelligent, enjoy mapping pain points to service solutions, and enjoy the process of pitching.
• Your background must be from Account Management/Client Services or Business Development.
Are you a successful Business Development Manager with a digital marketing background? If you think you have the relevant experience for this role, apply now!