Accounts executive required for established firm in Colchester. Free parking and career progression. £26-35k
Experienced Accounts Executive required for an established firm in Colchester to undertake accounts assignments as directed and assist with general duties within the department.
- Book-keeping and VAT returns, using relevant accounting system (including, but not limited to, Xero & Sage).
- Preparation of financial accounts from incomplete records, including bank reconciliation, control account reconciliation, fixed asset accounting, calculation of debtors and creditors, nominal ledger accounting and preparation of trial balance, etc.
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts and financial forecasts.
- Assistance in tax compliance work for clients, e.g. preparation of Tax Returns, VAT Returns, Payrolls, P11ds etc.
- To visit client premises to set up and maintain book-keeping records and quarterly VAT returns and provide support to clients, who maintain their own records, using the relevant accounting system.
- To take calls and e-mails from clients who need assistance with their accounting systems, and to be able to deal with these enquiries, promptly, confidently and courteously (support will be available from colleagues and our own IT department)
- To assist other members of staff with queries on client accounting systems.
- Ensuring managers are kept informed of workloads.
- Supervising trainee staff within the department, providing technical support where needed
- Managing work to complete job in allocated time frame.
- Weekly completion of timesheets.
- Maintain training records by attending internal and external courses.
- Cross Selling opportunities.
- Opportunity to make your mark in one of the region's leading financial services firm
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Group life insurance - death in service
- Free onsite parking (Colchester site)
- Easy access to A12, great for commuting
Salary: negotiable for the right candidate
For the complete job description, detailing all duties and responsibilities please contact Cara Whyte at Hays.