Area Sales Manager
Area Sales Manager
£28,300 to £35,000 per annum + Company car + Commission
Hours - Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for Area Sales Manager reporting to the Regional Sales Director.
This role is an ideal fit for an individual looking for a long term career development that will allow true progression as both the region and the team grow. You will need to be a self- starter, committed and driven to making yourself a success but above all else, have a strong work ethic to work as part of an exciting team.
Based at our Purfleet Branch you will be responsible for covering the London area that has been built up over a number of years and tasked with making contact with both an existing client base plus ensuring a strong pipeline of new business is also developed.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
- Maintain and build strong relationships with the depots, Independent Dealers and Captive Dealers
- Identify, & develop selling opportunities in order to maintain and increase sales volumes against targets
- Promoting sales to National Fleet and Specialist customers
- Promote and sell Scania vehicles to increase revenue i.e.: Repair & Maintenance packages and insurance
- Sell all new vehicles with Repair & Maintenance Contracts
- Proactively manage major customer relationships through regular meetings
- To ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation and high awareness of same
- To ensure the representation of the Scania brand is optimised through a systemised and consistent approach
- To embrace all Scania initiatives, programmes and projects and ensure they are supported and developed throughout the business
- To ensure the Scania core values are alive and active in the region and can be articulated by all employees
Key requirements for the role:
- Full driving licence, HGV licence a preference.
- Experience and knowledge of the HGV vehicle sector
- Previous experience working in sales or aftersales
- Retail and wholesale experience desirable
- Effective sales, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and manage key relationships and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ability to take initiative and work under pressure.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Creative and resourceful
- Proven proactive planning and organisation skills
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**