Role: Assistant Accountant
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000
I am currently looking for a progressive and enthusiastic Assistant Accountant for a new role in Brighton, close to the station. If you have at least 2 years experience in a Finance role and are actively studying and part the way through your ACCA or CIMA, please get in touch. This role will enable you to work within a vibrant Finance department and you'll be exposed to a great deal. You must be willing to challenge senior memebers of staff at times, and suggest improvements.
Duties of Assistant Accountant
- Responsible for supporting the financial reporting team in meeting key monthly deadlines
- Perform internal audit reviews of the finance department to ensure best practice accounting procedures are developed and maintained
- Preparing monthly holiday pay, credit card and expense accruals and reconciliations
- Performing monthly GP margin analysis and assisting in preparation of management accounts
- Assistance in preparing Interim and Annual financial statements and meeting external reporting deadlines
- Assisting with provision of information of information for the annual external audit process
- Other ad hoc assistance
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.