Senior Fees Clerk
A leading and well-respected barristers’ chambers based near Fleet Street require a Senior Fees Clerk.
This is a varied and exciting position that requires someone with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to confidently liaise with barristers, solicitors and clients.
The main purpose of this position is to ensure the timely collection of outstanding fees on behalf of members of the chambers.
Day to day duties include:
- Checking and despatching of fee notes and letters to solicitors
- Billing fee notes using Client E-Billing Systems
- Ensure barristers’ times are up to date
- Fee collection via telephone, emails, letters and on-site meetings
- Preparing various billing, WIP, aged debt reports for barristers and CEO
- Allocating payments
- Providing copy VAT receipts
- Providing bank details to clients
- Managing and maintaining Legal Aid and CFA payment recovery systems
- Assisting in implementing new credit control policies and procedures
- Other adhoc accounting duties
- Supervising two staff, including conducting appraisals and setting KPIs/ targets.
To be considered for this exciting position you will have proven experience working in a similar position, be confident supervising a team and have excellent communication skills.
- ASAP Start
- Permanent position
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent team environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package