Senior Perl Developer
Senior Perl Developer with extensive skills in Server Side Perl, API's SQL/RDBMS (ideally PostgreSQL or MySQL), APIs (HTTP and JSON), SQL/RDBMS data stores (such as PostgreSQL), Linux OS knowledge and modern frameworks ideally Catalyst, DBI, Moose, Template Toolkit etc are required to work in dynamic Agile environment on modern Perl stack and for major E-commerce Giant in West London.
This will be working on a green field project and once completed in Perl will offer the chance to cross train into Scala and Node.JS development.
The senior Perl Developer will required the following Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working on and supporting high volume and high availability transactional web platforms - essential.
- Strong knowledge and experience of agile software development practices (Scrum, Kanban, XP) - essential.
- Server-side Perl development, APIs (HTTP and JSON) and SQL/RDBMS data stores (PostgreSQL) - essential.
- Knowledge of CPAN modules and frameworks, particularly: DBI, DBIx::Class, Catalyst, Plack, Template Toolkit and Moose - essential.
- Knowledge of version control systems and GIT - essential.
- Experience of implementing continuous delivery ideally using Jenkins and OpenStack - essential.
- Developing, supporting and maintaining good Perl test automation practices (frameworks and refactoring) - essential.
- Good communication skills, a common sense attitude and a great sense of humour - essential.
- Understanding of virtualised infrastructure including good Dev Ops support practices and tooling - preferable.
- Understanding of message queues (ActiveMQ) - preferable.
- Understanding of XP agile development practices (TDD, pairing, CI/CD, automated testing) - preferable.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Perl Developer will include
- Building high quality applications - developing, automating, supporting the YNAP platform.
- Collaborating - working closely with other Perl Developers, Product Owners, Dev Ops and Delivery Managers to deliver products and services end to end.
- Improving the platform - Identifying and helping to plan existing system\design improvements as well as developing new features and driving the technical vision.
- Leading the team - mentoring other Perl Developers, providing leadership and guidance to drive good design and technical decision making on the team.
- Investigating new technology - Keeping up with industry trends and experimenting with new tools, technologies & development methods with a view to adopting best practices that fit the business.
- Maintaining good processes - ensure work is well planned, estimated, implemented, tested and documented
This is an outstanding chance to flex your Perl development skills and move in the mid term to scala and node.js and will offer excellent career prospects.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment Agency in respect of permanent recruitment