Marketing Team Leader
Job Title: Marketing Team Leader
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000 per annum
Reports to: Brand Manager
Global University Systems (GUS) is an international network of higher-education institutions, brought together by a shared passion for accessible, industry-relevant qualifications.
GUS delivers a wide variety of programmes, including bachelor's degree programmes, master's degree programmes, professional training, English Language training, and corporate & executive education. When someone chooses to study at one of our institutions- whether on campus in Europe, North America, or even in their own home - they're joining a network of over 40,000 students worldwide.
We are based in some of the world’s biggest cities, with campuses in London, Birmingham and Manchester; across the Atlantic in Toronto, Chicago and Vancouver; and across the globe in places such as Singapore and Hannover.
Reporting to the Brand manager, the Marketing Team Leader has full responsibility for creating, implementing, executing and analysing a fully integrated marketing strategy, utilising above and below the line channels, developing social awareness within the target markets and adding value and input to all online activities, in order to maximise results in this fast moving and highly competitive industry. The team leader is also responsible for managing and leading a team of employees.
- Manage the marketing budget including online and offline channels, ensuring ROI at all times. Effective analytical reports are needed to back up every decision made.
- Managing a team of 3 Marketers (2 Senior Marketing Executives and a marketing executive)
- Manage the performance of the marketing campaigns whilst monitoring, reviewing, optimising and reporting results on a weekly and monthly basis. Analyse results and offer insight on strategy accordingly
- Delivering ROI on marketing & sales revenue targets
- Achieving lead generation targets across all marketing channels
- Developing the Integrated Marketing Communications Strategy alongside the brand manager as well as key stakeholders. This will include targeting on and off-line media and marketing vehicles in order to increase lead generation and revenue to the business. In addition, the team leader will be responsible for managing and guiding the implementation of this strategy with the marketing team.
- Working closely with Academics, Head of Brand and Marketing and key stakeholders to develop engaging positioning for current/new programmes within the market place, both in the UK and Internationally
- Improving consumer journey across all touch points for both prospective and current students as well as Alumni
- Managing retention/cross selling and upselling to existing customers, understanding their value and impact on the business’ revenue.
- Liaising with external partners to support in dual branded marketing communications and activities
- Supporting, delivering and managing ad hoc projects for the marketing team and group brands based on business needs and dependent on performance.
- Working effectively with the wider marketing department, including creative designers, copywriters, affiliates team, SEO team, PPC team and other marketing executives and managers to develop creative revenue focused campaigns, and organisation wide
- Ensuring compliance with the group PIP and QAA policies and ensuring job logs are kept up-to-date along with all evidences of claims and published information across all channels
- Supporting the brand manager and performing management duties when the brand manager is absent or out of office
- Providing encouragement to team members, including communicating team objectives and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Conducting team meetings with key stakeholders to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- 3+ years’ work experience with ownership of a marketing function, preferable in a medium to large company
- 2+ years of experience managing budgets
- Proven track record of stakeholders management
- Track record of delivering successful and innovative marketing campaigns on time and within budget
- Educated to degree or equivalent
- Exceptional communication & analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Decision-making aptitude
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office - windows, excel (mainly use of pivot tables), power point, outlook
- Online marketing experience (social media, content management, google AdWords, SEO)
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Ability to manage several tasks at the same time
- Track record of managing teams
- Good to work under pressure and targets
- Experience in B2B is a bonus
- Copywriting skills are a bonus
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
GUS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.