Course Advisor (GUS)
Job Title: Course Advisor (GUS)
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000 to £24,000
Global University Systems (GUS) is an international network of higher-education institutions, brought together by a shared passion for accessible, industry-relevant qualifications.
GUS delivers a wide variety of programmes, including bachelor's degree programmes, master's degree programmes, professional training, English Language training, and corporate & executive education. When someone chooses to study at one of our institutions- whether on campus in Europe, North America, or even in their own home - they're joining a network of over 40,000 students worldwide.
We are based in some of the world’s biggest cities, with campuses in London, Birmingham and Manchester; across the Atlantic in Toronto, Chicago and Vancouver; and across the globe in places such as Singapore and Hannover.
Roles at this level will work with minimum day to day supervision, leading on and managing the consultative sales process within established parameters and procedures. They will require a thorough understanding of relevant systems/processes, GUS product or of the working environment, gained through relevant work experience over some years. Role holders will strive to achieve set targets, organise their own day-to-day work to meet clear objectives.
Independence and initiative will be required to react to changing priorities and work circumstances, with scope to make decisions within clear parameters. This may also include responding to complaints and escalated issues, and resolving problems involving other departments. They will typically set and monitor standards within their own work area, with scope for improving operational effectiveness and quality service through the application of process improvement.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Providing individually tailored advice to all prospective students
- Consulting students through the full application circle: form initial conversation through to finalising and closing their application to study with GUS
- Exploring possible career paths for students and matching it with specific GUS offerings
- For international students: advising/ making student aware of on visa, immigration issues and compliance.
- Handling student enquiries regarding different programmes from potential student
- Building commonalities to gain trust and engage potential students
- Provide outstanding customer service to all students, and all stakeholders, which is timely and efficient, and encourages students to choose GUS
- Handling student enquiries regarding different programmes from potential students business partners
- Providing individually tailored advice at all times
- Portraying a positive and professional image of GUS at all times. Generating a positive and sought after image of GUS
- Account Managing students applications from original enquiry to payment of tuition fees
- Educated to Degree Level
- Proven background in new B2C / income generating role
- Both advisory and sells skills
- Previous experience in face to face consultative sales position
- Excellent presentation skills, high level of confidence
- Ability to multitask in a busy, highly pressured and fast paced working environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer service, advising and interpersonal skills
- Be able to provide career guidance and explore relevant career pathways for students
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
GUS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.