We are currently recruiting for a Field Engineer in the Bodmin area
Main Purpose of Job
To provide hardware and software technical support, including maintenance, repairs and installations
Respond to callouts within the timescale of contractual obligations
Diagnose problems and repair or remedy as required
Install and set-up computer systems / equipment
Maintenance of accurate records to meet Company deadlines
Covering an away rotation that involves overnight stops in company provided accommodation.
Cover Service Desk.
Knowledge & Skills
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in IT & servicing IT Systems & Customers.
- Good general education to GCSE/A level standard
- Qualification in electronic/electrical engineering desirable
- Experience in IT i.e., different operating systems, communications & networking
- General understanding of Computer systems and their architecture
- Good Social Engineering Skill set, as well as written communication skills essential.
- The ability to work co-operatively within a team, across the Company, and with external customers
- Ability to prioritise workloads / call-outs
- Ability to problem Solve & diagnose and fix Systems hardware and make sure they are operating correctly.
- Clean and current Driving license.
Specific experience desirable with:
- Microsoft Windows Server networking and administration, server 2008 onwards
- Microsoft Windows desktop OS networking and administration, windows 2007 onwards
- SCO Openserver Unix / Unixware Configuration, administration & networking
- Ubuntu Linux Server or similar Linux Configuration, administration & networking.
- Citrix Xen App Advanced
- Knowledge & understanding of virtualisation technologies.
- Exchange Server & mail technologies.
- CISCO products, firewalls, routers & WAN technologies.
- Advanced Networking and routing techniques
- Office products (Microsoft Office 2007 and onwards)
- Symantec Backup Exec & archiving technologies.
- Anti-virus technologies & methodologies with specific knowledge of Sophos products.
Additional knowledge a bonus but not essential in:
Additional Qualifications a bonus but not essential in:
- Microsoft MCSE Windows server 2008 or greater
- VMWARE VCP
- CITRIX CCA-N or above
- CISCO CCNA/CCNP
Our client is offers the following great benefits to all of their staff
- 28 Days annual leave (inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33
- Regular internal technical conferences,
- Pension scheme,
- Health Care Plans,
- Salary sacrifice bicycle schemes
- Plus many more.
This is a full time permanent position offering a salary of £20,000 - £22,000 dependent on experience.
If you are interested in applying please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experiences.