Community Librarian - Broadway Academy
Broadway Academy, Birmingham.
Grade 4 point 34 £30,153
Full time, all year round post
In order to further raise achievement, we are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner join our successful team.
* Broadway Academy moved into a world class £21 million new building in 2011.
* We were for 2 years running "in the top 100 most improved schools for sustained improvement in the country" - Nick Gibb.
* "[Leaders] have high expectations of, and aspirations for, pupils and staff." OFSTED 2016.
* "Pupils' achievement …….including in the sixth form, is strong." OFSTED 2016.
* "….ICT across the curriculum was judged to be outstanding...." OFSTED 2012.
* "The school's direction of travel is outstanding from a very strong previous record that is used to baseline overall effectiveness." Inclusion Quality Mark, Centre of Excellence Review 2016.
We are looking for someone who:
* Has a relevant degree in Libraries and has, or is working towards the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professions (CILIP) qualification.
* Has strong IT skills and familiarity with the use of databases and the internet.
* Has excellent team working and management skills
* Has the ability to work with the voluntary sector / charities to develop literacy with parents and the community.
* Can inspire the whole community to read with a particular emphasis on boys' literacy.
* Can create a library facility that is a national beacon of good practice in schools.
* This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the role.
* Flexibility to cover library opening times over evenings, holidays and weekends will be a required aspect of this role.
Broadway can offer:
* A high achieving and well-motivated body of students.
* Excellent conditions in a new building.
* CPD programmes to support and develop teachers.
* Innovative practice in pastoral care and curriculum.
* An enthusiastic, creative and supportive staff.
* An excellent reputation and is heavily over-subscribed.
For further details and application pack, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on:
Closing date: 26th June 2017
Please also see our dedicated recruitment site:
Broadway Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure.