Regional Accountant - £40-42,000 - Newport
Your new company
Your new organisation is a nationally recognised not for profit charity.
Your new role
Your new role is essentially the finance lead for one of the charities regional HQ `s. This highly commercial role is focused around delivering financial advice and assistance. The duties include :
- To support and guide finance officers, finance locals, employees in their respective financial management responsibilities
- To support and guide divisional leaders in their respective financial management responsibilities
- To work with the sites to prepare budgets, forecasts and longer term financial plans
- To monitor site budgets, investigate variances and alert the Field Accountant and divisional leaders of matters of concern
- To monitor and report on the performance of charity shops, cafes etc...
- To monitor mission support allocated to sites ensuring that planned mission outcomes are being achieved (in conjunction with divisional leadership)
- To ensure effective financial controls are in place and adhered to
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will hold a high level of commercial acumen, you will be comfortable liaising with non financial members of staff and be fully competent in producing large volumes of management accounts. You will have management experience as this role has 3 direct reports. Ideally you will possess some charity / public sector experience. You will hold a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA,ACCA,CIMA)
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary, and a generous holiday and pension package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.