We are working with a newly established client to introduce an exciting new position for a Payments Analyst to join a highly respected banking company based in Bristol.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all incoming and outgoing payment transactions failing straight through processing are repaired accurately and within deadlines and on a daily basis, assist with the reconciliations process
- Investigating and resolving customer, internal and/or external bank queries relating to payments in a timely manner and in line with service levels
- Performing/validating all static data tasks aligned with the opening, closing and day to day account maintenance of FI and SME accounts
- Providing subject matter knowledge and expertise, to assist with the Reconciliations process where breaks arise
- Building and maintaining an in-depth understanding of AML, KYC, banking sanctions and FCA regulations to ensure that handling of customer accounts and client funds fully complies at all times within these rules and guidelines
The client is looking for someone with 1-3 years experience of processing a variety of Payments who has naturally strong communication skills and the ability to engage with various levels of seniority both internally and externally. You will come from a customer service focussed background and have a good understanding of banking in general. You must also be highly self motivated with good attention to detail, commercial awareness and sound decision making skills.
This is a new and exciting position for an individual who is driven and inquisitive who can work autonomously and to tight deadlines in an environment where suggestions and innovative ideas are welcomed.