Working for a market leader and major player within South Wales, you will be required to report into the Financial Director on a day to day basis. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role within the organisation, over-seeing a team of 3 and deputising in the absence of the Financial Controller. You will be a self-starter, with 2-3 years PQE and be able to work on your own initiative to support the Financial Director with the growth of the business. Ideally you will have a previous history of working within a manufacturing, construction or engineering environment also.
This role is extremely varied and hands on and it requires an individual that is flexible and willing to help out with any task, no matter how small in order to get the job done within the agreed timescales. You will be a hands-on Accountant, with a proven track record within a similar role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the management accounts pack for a group of companies
- Group consolidation
- Providing key-information towards the budget and forecasts
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Over-seeing the payroll
- Year end accounts and liaising with Auditors
- Ad-hoc reporting with Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills