Unit Manager (RGN/RMN) - Challenging Behaviour - £35,000!
A small, privately-owned nursing home just outside of Seaham is seeking an accomplished Unit Manager (RGN/RMN) for its brand new Challenging Behaviour Unit within their nursing home. The ideal candidate should be a current Senior Nurse/Unit Manager with experience of managing healthcare staff and clinical standards.
The home itself has a Good rating from the CQC, and is privately managed. It enjoys a great reputation within the local area, and its highly skilled team can care for those with general elderly, dementia and physical disability nursing needs. Specifically, the new unit will provide 24/7 specialist care to 6 adults presenting challenging behaviours and have complex mental health needs.
As Unit Manager, you will carry responsibility for all care activities e.g. ensuring accurate documentation of records, monitoring care plans etc. Furthermore, you'll be responsible for providing cover out of hours/acting up when required in the absence of the manager. Assessing the needs of each individual under your care will form a large part of the role, as well as building excellent working relationships with colleagues, external healthcare professionals and agencies. You must also maintain an awareness of clinical policy frameworks and guidelines.
- Registered General/Mental Health Nurse in the UK with valid NMC pin
- At least 2 years' experience in a supervisory/lead nurse role
- Excellent clinical management skills
- Strong working knowledge of safeguarding legislation, the MCA/DoLS and other relevant healthcare legislation
- Flexibility to work over your contracted hours as and when the service requires/unsociable hours
- Salary of £35,000 based on a full-time, permanent contract
- Company pension scheme
- Supportive, friendly management team
- Opportunities for career progression
- Access to specialist training and updates
Why apply via White Recruitment?
- You will be assigned your own consultant throughout the job search, meaning you have one point of contact and a direct phone number
- We have 10 years' experience in the permanent nurse recruitment industry, and we are a team of knowledgeable consultants who are experts in our practice
- Once we have placed you, you will again be assigned a member of our aftercare team, who will provide assistance with DBS application, obtaining references, clarifying any queries right up until your start date
- Our survey has found that we have a 95% recommendation rate from our candidates
- We will review and edit your CV for free!
Please call or email your up to date CV and contact number to to be considered!If your experience matches please forward your CV immediatelyWhite Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy