A full-time opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join our client, based in Thornbury. The successful candidate will report to the Finance Director and help with the successful running of purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control and general accounts queries.
The role is likely to appeal to candidates with AAT or who have acquired similar work experience.
The successful candidate will have:
• Substantial accounts experience
• SAGE 50 experience
• AAT or similar
• Credit control experience
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office - Word, Excel, Email (Outlook)
• Confident telephone skills
• Excellent time management and personal organisation skills
The role includes the following tasks:
• Credit control
• Answering general accounts queries via email and telephone
• Processing sales invoices
• Process expenses and business card
• Filing of sales invoices and purchase invoices
• Enter payments received
• Send sales statements monthly
• Process expenses
• Check and enter Direct Debit payments
• Check purchase statements against invoices received
• Weekly check of all credits and debits into Sage
• Assisting with preparation of bank reconciliation monthly
• CIS administration
• VAT return preparation
• General support to Finance Director
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, based at our office in Thornbury.
About our client:
Our client is a Bristol based Water Hygiene Service Company. They currently employ 30 people and due to continued growth they are looking for an experienced accounts assistant to join their team.
They are specialists operating in the building services sector. They are a field based service organisation in a business to business environment. They provide solutions to statutory health and safety compliance issues such as the control and prevention of Legionnaires’ disease.
Salary: £20k to £23k DOE
Please apply online for this Accounts Assistant role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.