Head of Estates Management - Residential Property
Head of Estates Management - Residential Property. Our Client is the private arm of one of the largest housing companies in the UK. They have operations across the UK and have won various awards for their services and are rated by some of UKs top housebuilders. They are now looking to fill a newly created position for Head of Estates Management. They have expanded in the last couple of years and have more than doubled in size.
The Role: Reporting into the Senior Operations Manager, you will be required to fulfil the following duties:
- Responsible for operations at all Residential Management sites and staff including estate managers, concierges and so forth.
- Recruiting and managing all estate and assistant managers.
- Ensuring sites compliance with all statutory and contractual obligations and company codes of practice.
- Implementing and monitoring procedures for department to ensure efficient working.
- Organising portfolios and communicating any changes to the rest of the team/departments that will be effected.
- Carrying out quarterly reviews with each team member.
- Conducting annual reviews.
- Arranging regular team meetings and organising training as required.
- Ensuring internal SLA's are being met by team members.
- Ensuring documentation is being correctly filed (physically and electronically).
- Authorising holiday requests for the team members and in doing so ensuring that there is sufficient personnel to cover the department at all times
- Approving expenses/capital expenditure,
- Attending meetings and site visits with the estate managers as required and appropriate.
- Attending meetings with clients on a regular basis and ensure compliance with the terms of the management agreement.
- Overseeing the preparation of annual service charge budgets and checking them.
- Checking compliance with and enforcement of the terms of leases by the team.
The Person: The successful candidate must have at least 7 years' experience as a Senior Estates or Property Manager with strong people management experience and be IRPM qualified. It is key that the incumbent has a minimum of 5 years' residential property experience and has the ability to manage multiple sites. Strong communications skills both verbal and written are essential to be able to delegate tasks and run a team effectively. It is essential one has a core understanding of service charges, new builds and relevant legislations. The role does involve daily travelling to sites and evening meetings.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.