Join an international Asset Management in Mayfair as the Financial Accountant.
The Company was founded almost 20 years ago and has retained high profile and loyal clients. Over the last few years the company has grown significantly with offices New York, Singapore and Sydney and the remainder in London. As they are now growing, they are recruiting for a Financial Accountant to support the existing Finance team in the production of accurate and timely financial information across the group.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the primary purpose is to support the financial reporting across the Group entities, including regulatory reporting and statutory account production.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support production of monthly expenditure reports.
- Prepare annual financial statements
- Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure Purchase ledger invoices are accurately processed and paid.
- Preparation of Sales invoices and subsequent Sales Ledger processing. Ensure Cashbook is accurately maintained.
- Monitor bank accounts and ensure sufficient funds are available in the required currency.
- Ensure accurate monthly payroll provision
- Administer benefits programs (e.g. pension, life assurance, health insurance etc.) and ensure compliance with local requirements.
- Perform back-ground screening and reference checking.
- Prepare documentation for personnel transactions (including bonuses, offer letters, employment contracts, pay reviews and terminations).
- Prepare periodic HMRC returns
- Maintain existing and establish working relationships with key preferred suppliers e.g. benefit consultants, HMRC, recruitment consultants and immigration services.
- Maintain a sound working knowledge of the Company’s HR policies and procedures.
- Ad-hoc Finance projects.
- Preferably educated to degree level.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
- Strong Financial accounting skills with knowledge of UK GAAP.
- Experienced in working in a head office Finance environment, with specific knowledge of UK payroll administration (and preferably some exposure to US/Singapore/Australian payroll administration).
- Accurate, numerate with a strong focus on delivery.
- Successful at building and maintaining internal and external relationships with key stakeholders across organisations and cultures
- Ability to prioritise a wide scope of competing tasks is essential, working quickly and accurately to meet deadlines.
- Good knowledges of the attributes of a robust control and reporting environment.