Responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering a product within the company from the "development of a concept" to a full production state.
The responsibility of the role includes all aspects of the customer’s order from the start of project which includes tooling, materials, & related plant and equipment to ensure timely completion.
Responsible to write and maintain the Manufacturing Procedures (MPs) for internal products through to full production support.
• Determine the most suitable manufacturing methods to achieve the desired results
• "Develop" the customer’s concept into a fully mature design in order that Ipeco Composites can repeatedly produce quality product in a cost effective way
• By using Catia to the latest version to draft tooling for manufacture and follow through to implementation for production, make buy decisions
• To identify tooling needs and make ready / changes for procurement, also suitable process changes are to be controlled and maintain a continuous improvement vigil
• To determine with production engineers, the most cost effective routings for parts made for or bought in
• Load the company SAP system with BOM and route full SAP planning duties and amendments to be undertaken within the role
• Working closely with Sales, Technical and Quality departments to ensure effective communication and understanding of customer requirements are fulfilled
• To train and instruct all employees as required
• To problem solve production issues in other areas of production
• Participate in meetings when required, whether internal or external
• To assist in attaining the company’s Quality Objectives
• To assist in maintaining a safe working environment for all employees
• To assist the Quality Department in maintaining AS9100 QMS approval and in the achievement of NADCAP accreditation