Part Time ACA / ACCA Qualified Accountant
Highly prestigious Academy also ranked as being outstanding by OFSTED are looking to appoint a part time Qualified Accountant to act as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to work directly with the CEO and Head of Business based in South London.
Reporting to the CEO, principle duties include:
- Keeping up to date with the latest Education Funding Agency (EFA) changes and other statutory guidance and providing filtered briefings
- Ensuring the financial sustainability of The Trust
- Advising the CEO and the Trust Board on all matters related to financial strategy, financial position of The Trust on strategic matters within the financial control framework
- Upholding good governance and ethical behaviour including strong accounting practices in the finance function and ensure The Trust upholds good accounting, reporting and internal control systems.
- Maintaining effective systems of internal audit control, timely audit reports and recommendations for improvement
- Working in partnership with the Head of Business to review Trust policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with various external regulations including filing deadlines regarding VAT, PAYE, EFA, DfE, HMRC, Charity Commission and Companies Acts.
- Ensuring all forms and returns required by the EFA and TPA Trust Board are prepared and submitted in the formats specified by the EFA/DfE and filed by the relevant filing deadline
- Maintaining a strategic financial plan including a 3 year budget plan for the organisation
- Advising the CEO and the Board if fraudulent activities are suspected or uncovered
- Helping to maintain The Trust’s Risk Register
- Liaising with external regulators such as the EFA/DfE, Charity Commission, Companies House, external auditors as required
- Reviewing checklists for month-end reports to ensure that reports are prepared on a reliable and consistent basis
- Setting and managing budgets together with setting The Trust’s budget, thereby enabling The Trust to deliver the curriculum in a cost-effective manner
- Cooperating with, initiating and managing audit procedures
- Attending relevant committee meetings (Resources, Audit, Trust Board etc) as required to maintain the presence of the finance function and ensure broader financial aspects of key decisions are fully considered and communicated
- Supporting or leading financial and operational risk assessments and assistance with implementation of appropriate safeguards, alongside the Head of Business
- Working in partnership with the Head of Business, researching, leading and advising the CEO and Heads on additional funding, revenue/income opportunities and additional business opportunities.
- ACA / ACCA or related professional accountancy qualification
- Robust senior financial management and business skills in an educational setting
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- High personal standards of integrity and probity
- Experience of using PS Financials is desirable
Not the right role for you? If you know someone who is, why not share this opportunity? You will receive £250 worth of vouchers if a successful placement is made.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond individually. If you don’t hear from us, within the next 1 to 2 weeks then please presume that your application hasn’t been successful.
Please do check our website for other opportunities www.amdas.co.uk