Nursery Manager - London
NURSERY MANAGER: AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY WITHIN A UNIQUE PRIVATE BILINGUAL NURSERY IN CENTRAL LONDON
This is a unique private nursery set in the heart of central London offering a top salary and excellent school working environment. The nursery are looking for an experienced Nursery Manager (Rising 2s) who has exceptional inter-personal skills and great leadership qualities who can lead a great team of nursery nurses and help further develop the nursery and its practices.
The nursery is bilingual therefore the children learn in both English and French. The nursery approach is very child-centered, with a focus on the individual children's needs, and diversity is at the heart of their philosophy. The Nursery Manager sits at the heart of delivering this approach.
Duties for the post
- Marketing the nursery within the local community
- Interviewing and inducting suitably qualified and experienced staff
- Supporting and developing the nursery team
- Managing a budget
- Speaking to potential and existing parents, giving them high standard of customer service
- Creating a safe, caring and stimulating environment that promotes learning through play
- Supervising activity planning to ensure that children’s needs are met
- Creating management reports, and maintaining staff and child records
Essential Requirements for Nursery Manager:
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Early Childhood Education or the equivalent such as NNEB.
- Have strong knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) as well as the OFSTED standards.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience in a nursery managerial role
- High level of proficiency in English and ideally French
- Strong understanding of safeguarding regulations
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety
- Hold a current DBS (Enhanced) / or equivalent if from outside the UK
Salary for Nursery Manager: up to £35,000 per annum .