Senior Software Developer
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join their expanding insurance firm based in Birkenhead. This is a modern forward thinking and vibrant company to work for, who promote an excellent work life balance, offering talented and driven people real career opportunities.
You role is to construct quality, reliable & compliant software for the insurance market. Ensuring that they are always up to date with technology and passing this knowledge throughout the department. Contributing towards the development of less senior developers as well helping in the improvement of the software development lifecycle within the company.
- To write high quality and secure software that provides business benefit.
- To maintain Source control.
- To demonstrate strong desire to achieve company and personal goals.
- To discuss and understand new technologies amongst peers
- To be able verbalise real business problems and a solution put in place to resolve
- Interprets and inputs upon business requirements
- Works with key decision makers to determine best course of direction for the business
- To provide out of hours support within reasonable expectation to support release processes and emergencies
- To understand and maintain deployment processes
- To gain thorough understanding of business process
- To conduct pair programming amongst peers.
- Liaise with Project Managers to determine best course of direction
- Ensure maintenance of Source Control
- Ensure maintenance of Units Test
- To architect and write key business software in an insurance environment.
- To determine direction of software development and technology uses
- To assist other team members in their development and understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- To provide advice and steer in meetings, to improve process and ensure the success of any project.
- To be a subject matter expert in software and technology.
- To discuss and introduce new technologies to the company that provide significant benefits.
- To understand, maintain and support existing business software.
- To liaise with Business analysts and the business to understand their problems and resolve using the best means necessary.
- Ability to demonstrate previous successful projects
- Positive attitude towards changing requirements
- Through TDD approach
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft technology stack
- C# 5 (and 6)
- ASP.net MVC
- Web API. 2.0
- MSSQL 2008 - 2016
- Entity Framework
- MSMQ / Rabbit MQ
- Excellent knowledge of other notable technologies
- Visual Studio
- Jasmine Test Framework
Knowledge of the following tools:
Working with Continuous integration tools (Octopus)
Salary is £45k