My client is seeking a Finance Assistant to join their well-established and highly reputable company based in Clapham, SW London. The company place a real emphasis on developing their employees and you will be able to take advantage of mentoring and support to achieve your career goals as well as development opportunities.
The company aims to promote an inclusive and supportive working environment where no one person is bigger than the team. A good team spirit is evident as a result of the visibility of the senior team and interaction with staff at all levels. The company takes pride in achieving high levels of customer satisfaction recognising it as vital for driving a profitable and successful business.
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be an integral part of the Finance team, responsible for a varied remit including sales ledger, administration and general office duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setting up new client accounts
- Sales order processing
- Raising sales invoices, ensuring they reconcile with order acknowledgements
- Issuing monthly statements to customers
- Credit control - chasing customers for outstanding payment
- Resolving any invoice queries and raising credit notes where applicable
- Building a good rapport with all customers
- Regular communication with Sales team
Administration and Office:
- Weekly sample stock ordering and despatch
- POS inventory control and despatch
- Ordering office supplies
- General administration and filing
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all the following attributes:
- Excellent communication skills (written/ verbal)
- Brilliant attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisation skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Experience working within an SME environment is preferable