Legal Secretary Family Law
Legal Secretary (Family Law)
£15,000 - £16,000
Our established, centrally based client is looking for a strong legal secretary with specific family law experience to join their Hull office. The employer provides a varied role in a friendly team environment. This position would suit someone with proven secretarial skills and great work ethic.
Purpose of role: to provide secretarial support to fee earners to enable them to deliver legal services to the firm's clients within the family sector.
- Effectively support fee earners and other support staff with their work load to enable an efficient work flow
- Strictly maintain confidentiality in regards to all clients information, the firm's business, and any other affairs
- Promote a positive image and attitude towards work, employees and clients by being polite and pleasant whilst maintaining a professional appearance
- Supporting and assisting fee- earners and support staff in a wide range of duties
- Preparing emails and legal documents which will involve mostly audio typing, copy typing, processing hand amended documents.
- Dealing with telephone calls effectively and appropriately - taking messages, communicating to colleagues , polite telephone manner
- Booking meeting rooms for fee-earner's appointments by regularly checking their diary and corresponding details with the appropriate colleague
- Maintain a structured filing system for documents in chronological and otherwise proper order - labelled correctly so the documents are easily accessible and can be withdrawn and replaced efficiently
- Opening client files and physically creating/ labelling file to ensure it can be properly archived.
- In accordance to the data protection policy, ensure client and third party information is inputted onto the system and recorded properly
- Undertaking training both in-house and e-learning/off site and performing these requirements to meet the firm's regulations
- Occasionally enter cheque, cash, and other payments received onto the firm's computerised system which must be done strictly in accordance to the firm's policies and Solicitors Accounts Rules
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment business for the purpose of this position. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer. Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible so if you have not heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.