EMEA Client Partner - Government
My client is a Global Social Media Platform who is looking for an experienced Marketing & PR/Communications Marketing Manager to join them to support the Government Partnerships.
The role is offered on an 11 month contract, paying up to £88 000/annum PAYE pro rated + perks.
We are seeking an experienced public sector and marketing professional to help build partnerships with the UK Government Communication Service (GCS) and political parties in the UK and Europe. The Client Partner will be responsible for delivering best in class public communications and marketing solutions for their respective campaigns. This role will require a self-starter who can not only build strong relationships, but also create and execute business plans and operate confidently within our rapidly evolving commercial landscape - as well as building out an internal network with our Public Policy and PR/Communications teams across Europe.
- Work with the Public Policy team to define our overall approach and focus with the UK Government Communication Service and political parties
- Align with and support the Public Policy teams across EMEA
- Identify and prioritise commercial opportunities, build pitches & close opportunities with GCS
- Partner with cross functional teams within the company to structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives - developing work plans, synthesising market related data, leading analysis and defining the overall business approach to our success in the Politics and Government vertical
- Increase the effectiveness of the team by recognising opportunities for new approaches
- Develop and implement best practices for client interaction, sales and services, including a good understanding of working with the parties in the governmental and public sector and their potential respective media agencies
- Prospect and penetrate the governmental and politic parties to grow their advertising spend
- Ensure external partners receive the highest level of marketing and operational customer service
- Represent the Company at relevant industry events
- Maintain deep and up-to-date knowledge of Marketing, technology, and accompanying solutions while understanding the environment the position works in (public policy matters, legal matters, non-profit matters)
- Analyse data and insights to guide strategy and implementation
Two core areas:
1) Managing and developing our commercial relationship with the UK Government
2) Supporting political parties through-out EMEA during the individual country election cycles
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public policy or business related subject preferred
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial approach to work, excellent leadership, organisational and problem solving/decision making skills with minimal direction, high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven record at working as part of a team
- Background in Politics, Non-Profit Organisations, Marketing, Media, or Consulting
- Proven and consistent track record of executing against targets
- Proven ability presenting to and influencing top level decision makers
- Facebook and Instagram user and familiarity with both Facebook and Instagram's commercial offering
- Experience communicating insights derived from complex public marketing initiatives spanning above and beyond digital.
- Ideally both a commercial / sales as well a public sector / Gov / NGO experience An interest and passion for politics and public service would be an advantage