Communications Workstream Lead
Cathedral Appointments are seeking a communications professional to join a Transformations Programme Team based in Yeovil. This is a public-sector organisation, and the role will suit a candidate with previous experience in transformation projects. Reporting to the Programme Manager, the primary aim of this role is to lead the design, development and delivery of the communications for the transformation programme and take responsibility and accountability for delivering the organisation programme communications with the support and involvement of the Programme Team. This is a 12-month contract with the potential for extension.
- Deliver the existing communications strategy, updating as required following initial implementation experience.
- Develop a communications plan that identifies the key communications required, the expected delivery timeframe and the suggested delivery mechanism.
- Support workstream leads with their communication and engagement needs both by planning delivery and producing material.
- To participate in the workstream leader’s meetings, other project meetings (including communication meetings and meeting with the trade unions) as required and, where appropriate, to service those meetings.
- To advise senior officers, Members and others on communications, including employee communication, accessibility issues, communication channels, segmentation and targeting.
- To provide senior officers and Members with briefings (including presentations, verbal and written briefings) ensuring that they are well prepared and briefed on the Transformation Programme.
- To lead on consultation with the local community and other stakeholders by setting up and running effective information briefings
- To manage the Communications workstream budget, ensuring that expenditure is contained within budgets.
- Experience of leading communications within a complex change programme.
- Experience of working within a project team delivering to tight timescales.
- Outstanding communication skills, coupled with developed networking skills that inspire trust, encourage forward thinking and involvement.
- Outstanding influencing and persuasive skills across diverse and complex organisations.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Proven social media skills deployed in a business setting
- Proven ability to inspire, foster and champion innovation and change
- An understanding of the challenges facing public sector organisations
This is a fantastic role with a huge amount of responsibility and autonomy. The successful candidate will have previous experience in project communications with excellent people skills. The ability to handle sensitive issues and communicate with a wide range of people about complex topics is essential.
Keywords: communications, transformation, projects, HR, contract, Yeovil