Tax Manager (in-house)
Accountable Recruitment are working alongside an international Liverpool based business who are seeking to appoint an in house Tax Manager to manage the tax affairs of the Group.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Finance you will be ACA/ACCA qualified and/or CTA qualified and will take ownership of all tax related P&L and balance sheet numbers as part of the month end close process.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of IFRS and UK GAAP tax accounting disclosures for group and subsidiary accounts.
- Corporate tax planning and compliance, including preparation and management of the year-end tax computations, control of tax payments, and support in tax planning initiatives such as tax rate management.
- VAT compliance, including preparation of VAT returns and EC sales lists, and advice to the business on VAT implications of transactions.
- Management of employee tax compliance and provision of advice and guidance to HR on employee tax issues.
- Supporting the planning process by providing group tax forecasts.
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring and mitigating tax compliance risks, and advising of where changes in tax laws will affect the group
- Responsibility for calculation, payment & reporting of all UK and international taxes and levies
- Responsibility for correct implementation of group transfer pricing policies and maintaining appropriate documentation
- Development of our tax systems
- Maintaining a relationship with HMRC and taking responsibility for responding to UK and overseas tax enquiries
- Assist Head of Corporate Finance and CFO with ad-hoc tax projects, tax enquiries and other stakeholder requests
- Tax planning and compliance experience gained in industry or practice
- International tax experience (or, at least an understanding of and desire to develop skills in this area)
- Knowledge and experience of IFRS and UK GAAP group reporting and tax accounting in multi-currency environment
- Experience of transfer pricing is highly regarded
- Ideally, speaks, reads and writes Italian
Salary on offer is to £50,000 plus 10% bonus, stakeholder pension and death in service