Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Advisor
Our client is an established highway maintenance business based in Weston-Super-Mare. Due to continued growth, our client is now recruiting for a Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Advisor to join their UK operation, supporting customers throughout South England.
Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Advisor Purpose:
To ensure that through an accredited integrated management system that the company complies with its Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental legal obligations and that its products and services meet the requirements of the business and its customers.
Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Advisor Accountabilities:
- To implement the Company’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies and procedures for the prevention of injury, damage and wastage. To make recommendations for changes to the policies and associated processes and systems following review and legislative change.
- Enable line management to develop and enforce safe working practices through support and advice.
- Advise on the safety aspects of all stages in the design and use of plant and equipment.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported and investigated in a timely fashion.
- Ensure non-conformances are raised and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Understand the requirements of the relevant statutory provisions and work within these guidelines across all UK operations.
- Facilitate the creation and periodic review of risk assessments and control measures recommended ensuring that risks are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Ensure risk assessments, safe systems of work, method statements are in place and reviewed in conjunction with the operational teams.
- Coordinate the delivery of a Field Safety Inspection regime in line with current industry requirements, and ensure non-conformances raised are addressed.
- Ensure HSQE best practice is shared across the business with good communication of incidents and lessons learnt.
- To advise on employee training needs in Health & Safety, Environment and Quality and arrange for the provision of such training, in conjunction with the HR department and line management.
- To assist the HSQE Manager with deliveryof HSQE training to support business objectives.
- To support with planning and execution of internal audits.
- Assist the HSQE Manager during preparation / undertaken of 3rd Party certification surveillance audits.
- Attending Industry/Professional conferences as required by the company.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as requested by management.
Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Advisor Qualities & Experience:
- Experience in any of the following areas: road construction, road markings, landscaping, highway maintenance, fencing and vegetation management.
- Knowledge and experience of National Highways Sector Schemes.
- Knowledge and practical experience of maintaining and improving HSQE Management Systems that meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 & 14001.
- Experience in risk management and conducting safety, environmental and quality audits, including audit training.
- Internal auditor training qualifications are required, ideally in relation to ISO 14001, 9001 & OHSAS 18001.
- NEBOSH qualifications and relevant experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of effective customer care.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, be a team player and have good communication and computer skills.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Advisor offering £30,000 - £40,000 Basic Salary plus Company Car & Benefits for the successful candidate.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 5 days of application. Due to the volume of recent applications, if you do not receive a response within this timeframe please assume your application has been unsuccessful for the position of Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Advisor.