£35,000 - £50,000
My client are seeking an experianced Tax Supervisor to help manage a portfolio of private clients. The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of Personal Tax clients. You will also provide assistance to Director/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasion the practice.
As the Tax Supervisor you will have responsibility to oversee the personal tax department, which prepares about 850 tax returns per year. You will have overall responsibility for ensuring all tax returns are correctly prepared and submitted to HMRC on time. As well as preparing tax returns yourself, you will also review tax return work prepared by other members of the team.
Tax Supervisor Role:
- Control and monitor the number of Tax Returns completed and ensure all are submitted by the January deadline,
- Review Tax Returns as completed by the tax/accounts department.
- Prepare Tax Returns when necessary for sole traders, Partnerships and LLP’s.
- Supervise and train the tax/accounts department, where necessary.
- Be involved with any HMRC enquiry as per instruction from the Accounts and Tax Managers.
- Client liaison and visits where necessary.
- Attending to phone calls / correspondence relating to clients, if necessary.
- Completing ad hoc tasks as required by senior managers.
- Helping to develop the business and to seek new opportunities both internally and externally.
- Attending team meetings.
- Completing Time sheet daily.
Tax Supervisor Must Have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Practice Firm’s Tax Department.
- Experience of a wide range of different tax returns: sole traders including capital allowances, HNW Individuals, non-residents, non-domiciles, CGT computations, partnerships, and loss relief.
- Possibly ATT qualified.
- Experience of supervising people.
- Experience with IRIS software for Personal Tax and Business Tax