Wintel Systems Engineer - Wintel, Citrix, Office 365
Wintel Systems Engineer - Office 365, SQL 2012-2016, VMware ESXi, Veeam, Citrix Xen App 6-7
Consultative DNA for Client Facing Projects
Birmingham - NEC, West Midlands, Warwickshire, M42 Corridor
Office 365, SQL 2012-2016, VMware ESXi, Veeam, Citrix Xen App 6-7
to £40,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
One of the UK's most renowned and award winning IT Solutions and IT Services providers who specialise in transformations, applications and IT infrastructures that support client businesses are seeking to secure the services of a Wintel Systems Engineer
Based at their luxurious and modern offices, you will be considered a key part of their Wintel Operational Support Team, and designated as a subject matter expert in at least one major technology capability - Wintel, VMWare, Citrix. You will also possess key skills and expertise in other major technology capabilities that are supported by the Wintel Operational Team.
You will naturally be client focused with good communication and documentation skills, coupled with good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Key technology experience you will have:
- Microsoft Office 365
- MS SQL 2012-2016
- VMware ESXi 5-6
- Veeam Backup
- Citrix Xen App 6-7
Your Main Functional Responsibilities be to:
- Support the Windows, VMware and Citrix environments including activities such as provisioning, maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Maintaining a high level of expertise in designated products and components of the Windows Operating System, associated hardware and VMware
- Knowledge of monitoring alerting, logging and status messages.
- Maintenance tasks i.e. reviewing backups and patching systems
- Owning, tracking and resolving support tickets related to incidents, problems and changes
- To understand and adhere to company standards and systems for Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Information Security management and, as necessary, assist in their monitoring and improvement.
- Participate in on-call rotation; will require after-hours and weekend cover and occasional bank / public holidays.
This is an excellent springboard towards a career in a technologically advanced arena.
If you are seeking a challenging role, and recognise the opportunities within challenging environments to rise above your peers?
Call Experis IT today.