Leading media publishing and events company based in the heart of the city is looking to hire a talented events executive. This role sits within marketing and focuses on driving VIP’s to attend our client’s global events consisting of black tie award dinners and bespoke b2b conferences. These VIP’s attend free of charge due to their industry standing, therefore outstanding customer service, excellent persuasion skills and fantastic relationship building skills are critical for this role.
The Events Executive will be responsible for recruiting attendees for summits, breakfast and dinner events and entries for awards for our clients market leading Finance and Insurance portfolios through focused telemarketing campaigns. You will also be required to provide telemarketing support for events campaigns across other brands from time to time.
The successful candidate will work closely with the events marketing team to ensure that the telemarketing activity supports the overall marketing campaign, and to help identify key prospects and collate relevant data to target.
The Events Executive will also need to ensure all registered guests are contacted in the lead up to the event, and confirm their attendance.
The Events Executive will also provide regular feedback and weekly reports to the events marketing team and other key stakeholders, and work closely with them to identify new prospects to target if registrations/ awards entries are low.
- To recruit delegates for summits, private dining and breakfast events in Europe and US, ensuring individual targets are met or exceeded
- To recruit entries for awards in Europe and US, and help ensure the overall targets for number of entries and companies entered are met or exceeded
- To ensure a high conversion of registrations to attendees for the summits/ dinners/ breakfast events
- To work with the events marketers and wider event team to ensure that overall delegate/ entries targets are met
- Develop a sound knowledge of each industry and build relationships with repeat delegates/ awards entrants
- Be recognised internally and externally as a key member of the events marketing department and the point of reference for delegates/ awards entrants
- 1-2 years’ telemarketing experience, ideally within a B2B events environment
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Pro-active and able to problem solve independently
- Passionate about success and delivering consistently excellent results
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.