ARE YOU HUNGRY FOR AN EXCITING CHALLENGE? ARE YOU A SENIOR CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVER? WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A DECISIVE ROLE WITHIN A WIDE VARIETY OF PROJECTS? COULD THIS BE THE BEST CAREER MOVE YOU WILL EVER MAKE?
As one of the UK’s largest management pub and restaurant companies, Mitchell’s & Butlers is actively seeking a SOLUTION ARCHITECT to join its Business Change and Technology team. You will be solely based in BIRMINGHAM CITY CENTRE, in an office flexible role, working as part of a wider team inclusive of Business Analysts, Project Managers, and an Infrastructure team. Our Solution Architects handle multiple projects, with the primary objective to align business change initiatives with the technology vision.
Working within a highly-outsourced environment, the SOLUTION ARCHITECT’S work is VARIED and CHALLENGING, and includes the following:
The Solution Architect works in our Service Design team and the duties will be varied:
- Own the high-level design activity on behalf of the business change project teams in line with our project management methodology
- Act as design authority and ensure all stakeholders are comfortable the proposed solution meets requirements, is supportable and secure.
- Identify potential solutions and make recommendations based on architecture principles to fulfil business requirements
- Have a high level of market and sector knowledge in order to propose the most appropriate solutions
- Work with third party vendors to ensure high level designs are correctly translated into Low-level designs
- Identify opportunities for decommissioning legacy systems or improving current ways of working and usage.
- Champion our Technology Strategy and take part in its development.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies, particularly with our strategic vendors.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Experience in a similar architecture role having delivered a number of previous project as design authority.
- Demonstrable understanding of architecture methodologies
- Good working knowledge of integration technologies, API’s and similar.
- Demonstrable knowledge of web based technologies and how they interact to deliver a solution.
- Experience of using public cloud to build and deliver solutions.
- ITIL foundation - Appreciation of ITIL and Service Design techniques - Desirable
- Previous experience of working with corporate policy and business strategy
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and work together to make change happen
- Ability to produce, manipulate and implement architecture concepts, roadmaps, principles, etc.
- Exceptional analytical capabilities and attention to detail while maintaining overall understanding of the big picture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good presentation skills across all levels of the business
- Ability to keep current on new technology advances, along with new products and business trends
- Experience using Software applications such as: - - SAP, JDE, Microsoft SharePoint Office 365, would be preferable
- Understanding and ability to implement general SaaS and PaaS Cloud Technologies
- Management of third party companies, such as our outsourced web development teams
WHAT WE OFFER: 33% employee discount in all our pubs & restaurants, company car, flexible working, company bonus scheme, pension scheme, share scheme, healthcare scheme, 'pickaperk’ employee discounts from 100’s of retailers, childcare vouchers, 26 days’ holiday per year.