Finance Business Partner
A prestigious investment management firm going through an exciting period of business transformation seeks a Finance Business Partner.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to join a globally well established, secure firm embarking on an exciting period of change. Whilst the firm's assets under management are over £50bn, the firm is an independent, nimble, SME business which empowers its people to suggest and initiate change and make decisions for the good of the business.
As a Finance Business Partner, working in a small team of talented individuals you will be focused on the delivery and ongoing improvement of MI to prominent individuals including the CEO, CFO, Chief Investment Officer. This will give experience and insight into the investment products themselves and the strategic direction of a global financial services business. This is a broad role which continues to grow however some of the main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Development and delivery of impactful MI to improve transparency and quality of information required for management to make effective decisions in running the Investment Management function.
- Lead a robust business planning process across Investment Management, to ensure that plans are aligned to strategic objectives at all levels of the Group, and explain drivers behind variances between Actual and Budget/Forecast.
- Anticipate potential financial risks and put forward appropriate recommendations.
- Enhance reporting for Investment Management function to challenge the financial performance of the business segments to enable the Group Management Board to ensure targets are achieved and remedial action taken where necessary.
- Support the information requirements of the Group Management Board to enable them to have appropriate financial insight and oversight of the Investment Management function.
The client is focussed on hiring the right person for this role therefore the criteria is quite broad.
Experience in finance business partnering, FP&A or MI would naturally be advantageous.
The candidate might be CFA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified or equivalent.
Finance change experience is desirable as is the ability to work with different systems particularly excel.
Investment management knowledge is a bonus
The salary is very competitive for the market as is the benefits package.
Please apply now if you would like to be consider or contact David Harvey at Marks Sattin