Legal Administrator & Company Secretarial Administrator
Our client, a leading Financial Services company is looking for a Legal & Company Secretarial Administrator to work in their Legal Department.
This role is working in beautiful offices in Staines, this immediate position is looking for their new recruit to commence employment ideally within a 2 week period.
The successful candidate will be working in a highly confidential environment and MUST have previous Company Secretarial experience as you will be supporting the Company Secretariat function.
You must have experience of supporting the Legal department and dealing with Board and Non-Exec members. Other duties will include:
- Attending board meetings and typing up notes
- Creating new policies and writing manuals around these policies
To ensure the smooth day to day running of the Legal department, including carrying out the following:
- Word processing including amending and formatting documents quickly and accurately
- Reply to correspondence on routine matters
- Check and log all Legal Services Requests, returning incomplete requests to sender with constructive explanations
- Maintain records of turnaround times of Legal Service Requests and other Legal department KPIs
To assist the Legal Director (in his capacity as Company Secretary) to provide a professional company secretarial service to the Board and its committees by:
- Preparing agendas for meetings of the Board and its Committees, collating the relevant papers from around the Group, and publishing the papers on the Board portal in accordance with the SLA's agreed with the Board
- Attending Board and/or Committee meetings and taking notes of the proceedings
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that the logistics for Board and Committee meetings are efficiently coordinated.
- Together with the Legal Director, promptly producing minutes and arranging their approval
To act as the document controller for the Legal and Company Secretarial functions including:
- Creating and maintaining an up to date Corporate Governance manual, ensuring that the Directors Induction manual is up to date
- Maintaining an up to date library of all UK policies and procedures, including all group policies applicable to UK;
- Maintaining up to date master copies of the standard form agreements used by the Company and its trading divisions
To organise all meetings and prepare all papers (including presentations) for the Legal Director and other members of the Legal team and produce minutes to circulate to attendees as required
- To arrange for the following tasks to be carried out:-
- Printing documents for meetings and providing refreshments,
- Arranging necessary signatures on agreements,
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Ordering stationery and office supplies,
This role requires a high level of accuracy, confidentiality and support, in return you will be working for a fantastic company who value and reward their staff. Due to the pace of this role, you will need to have proven experience as a Company Secretary and understand compliance policies and procedures.
Please only apply should you meet the above criteria and only suitable candidates can be considered.Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.