The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for sourcing and selection of a wide range of products in local and global markets. The key deliverables for this position are cost down, quality and service delivery.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the most well-known brands within their FMCG Sector, the successful Candidate will be joining a high functioning, fast paced team that will further develop their skill set and career.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Development and Implementation of the Company's Purchasing Strategy
- Identification of opportunities to enhance competitive advantage
- Management of Tendering processes, from Supplier Identification through to implementation.
- Documentation and hand-over of purchasing arrangements to the Operations Department
- Performance Management of suppliers
- Financial control and reporting against contractual performance
- Liaison with the Quality department to ensure implementation of the Company's Quality Policy
The successful Candidate will be looking to progress their career and possess the follow attributes;
- Demonstrable track record in a similar procurement/ purchasing/ buying role
- Be adaptable to a wide range of product and process
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong communication skills, and ideally a second European language
- A self starter, capable of developing innovative solution
- Strong planning and negotiation skills, and the ability to hold the agenda through any negotiation
- Able to spend upwards of two nights away per week, in the UK or overseas
£35k - £39k + Car + Package