Project Manager - Major Projects Team - Government Agency
Clear experience of successful project delivery, ideally in an infrastructure environment is expected
A government owned agency, responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads is looking to recruit a number of Project Managers, individuals responsible for delivering the project, with authority and responsibility from the Project Board to run the project on a day-to-day basis, successfully challenging approach to delivery to drive innovative solutions and savings in both time and cost. Leading and managing the project team in a matrix environment.
Your new role
The post holder will be expected to:
- Draft and develop concise business cases, with clear benefits, presenting them feasibly and design proposals with solid recommendations and solutions to gain funding approval.
- Agree key project milestones, scope, acceptable risks and priorities with the Programme Manager, ensure appropriate plans and governance is in place to achieve stage gate reviews
- Proactively manage project costs and forecasts and present at the monthly review
- Identify project and cross-project risks and dependencies. Manage dependencies and enact risk mitigations with escalations as necessary.
- Identify and maintain professional relationships with key project stakeholders by ensuring regular checkpoints take place, updating them on progress and addressing any concerns.
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants are expected to:
- Demonstrate clear experience of successful project delivery, ideally in an infrastructure environment.
- Successfully challenge approach to delivery, proactively looking for new approaches to delivery improved performance in health and safety, time, cost, quality or customer experience
- Develop and manage a project plan and detailed stage plans
- Establish good working relationships with the Programme Managers, peers, suppliers and stakeholders
- Effectively manage and motivate the project team
- Plan and Manage deployment of physical and financial resources to meet project milestones
What you'll get in return
This is a full-time permanent paying £40,188 p/a. My client is looking for CV's as soon as possible
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.