Cloud Sales Consultant
London, England, United Kingdom · Sales
About the Company
Our client is a leading European professional services firm providing consultancy and support to large enterprises in the field of data centre automation.
The company was created in 2010 and is now currently at around 50 people. Their combined experience has enabled the creation of a professional services firm with harmonised business and technical fields of expertise.
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom, the company has successfully delivered data centre automation projects in some of the largest organisations in both the public and private sectors across Europe.
Purpose of the Role
The Technical Solutions Sales Specialist will be responsible for driving the organisations DevOps proposition across our existing client base which consists of large enterprises across different industry sectors, as well as uncovering new business sales opportunities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Being a key sales specialist for the business, you will be responsible for selling the organisations consulting solutions and products that range from Cloud Automation Engineering Teams to Academy Trained DevOps professionals. You will join an already established fast-growing company and be responsible for driving new business. You will network with key decision makers, driving complex sales processes drawing on the expertise of the business.
Working closely with pre-sales and technical teams, you will identify and qualify opportunities in large enterprises, create new business proposals and be able to drive them through the sales cycle to close. This will involve building and sustaining multi-level relationships and multi-level selling.
This position consists of creating revenue with new customers by demonstrating a clear understanding of large scale deals, dependencies and service components that enable full delivery and successful outcomes. Formulating points of view on market direction, emerging technologies and their application in solving business challenges, and influencing customers strategically.
To be successful in the role you must possess an understanding of cloud and data center technologies and ingredients within the DevOps domain to promote cloud solutions for end-customer usage and benefit. Be self-driven to familiarise yourself with the fundamental business concepts and terminology in the cloud industry. We are looking for someone who is able to apply the "solution selling" methodology based on delivery and outcomes to achieve sales goals.
Excellent time management and organisational skills are needed in order to prioritise tasks in a very interrupt driven environment including pipeline management. Good relationship building skills are necessary, including the ability to build a rapport and communicate effectively with all levels of Automation Logic and the customer.
Essential Skills Required:
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience in technical solutions sales.
- Experience in DevOps or Cloud or Continuous Development / Solutions sales would be considered to be a huge benefit.
- A strong network in one or more UK vertical markets
- Good technical aptitude combined with the ability to quickly understand new technology
- Tenacious and positive attitude
- Excellent consultative selling skills
- The ability to quickly understand business cases
- The ability to network through and deal with complex organisations and multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required, including the ability to effectively present in front of a large audience.
- Candidate will need to be able to travel across existing and prospective new client sites
Desirable Skills Required:
- High levels of commercial awareness
- Experience working in a public/private cloud-focused business
- Experience selling Cloud Solutions - Familiar with Automation and Orchestration technologies and tools, DevOps, and other open source technologies.
- Annual flexible benefits allowance offering a choice of
- Private medical insurance
- Dental cover
- Gym membership
- Buying holiday
- Company pension
- Sales Commission Plan
- Tax efficient salary sacrifice schemes
- Childcare allowance
- Cycle to work scheme