Metworks - Electrician
For over 65 years Metropolitan has been providing affordable Housing & Care Support Services in the United Kingdom and our Metworks service is responsible for responsive repairs and planned works and operates across all Metropolitan properties.
We are currently recruiting for an electrician to join our new team to cover South London area.
We are looking for an experienced electrician to provide high-quality `right first time` and cost-effective building services to our business and our customers.
You need to have a full UK driving license and will be provided with your own Metropolitan van for working hours.
About the role:
- Undertake electrical installation, repairs and maintenance.
- Adhere to the Metworks` Safety, Health and Environment Policy requirements at all times.
- You will receive, plan and complete job orders on time and to the right quality and be responsible for notifying your team leader of any associated access issues.
- Conduct your work in accordance with current legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practice, safe systems of work and recognized industrial standards for such work, minimizing damage to the fabric of the property.
- Undertake work on electrical installations in accordance with the latest IEE Wiring Regulations currently 17th Edition and any subsequent revisions.
- Undertake fault-finding and diagnostic work as required to repair and maintain electrical installations.
- Carry out inspection and testing on existing installations, as work progresses and on completed work recording results and completing appropriate test certification.
- Ensure protective clothing and Health and Safety equipment provided is used correctly and when required, in accordance with risk assessments.
What we`re looking for from you:
- A qualification at NVQ 2 or equivalent is essential
- Asbestos Awareness certificate
- Holder of Appropriate CSCS Card
- Ability to undertake associated trade tasks
- Abrasive Wheel Training
- PASMA Qualification
- Ability to read Construction Drawings
- Requirement to have full UK driving licence and the ability to be able to travel.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours.
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!