An exciting opportunity presents itself within this diverse, medium sized engineering company based in Carlisle. The successfully appointed Financial Controller will work closely with the Managing Director and play an integral role within the senior management team.
Key responsibilities include the preparation of the monthly management accounts, quarterly and bi-annual statutory accounts, oversee the product costing process alongside the estimating team, prepare the annual budget and monthly forecasting process and provide financial support, information and interpretation for senior management.
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly management accounts for four businesses
- Preparation of the Annual Budget and monthly forecast
- Manage and lead the finance team of four
- Carry out annual PDR process
- Profit & Loss / Nominal Ledger review
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Capital Investment Appraisals
- KPI reporting and adhoc reporting as required
- VAT and Intrastat reporting
- Oversee the product costings and master data control
- Oversee the preparation of the board pack
- Cash flow forecasting and involvement in working capital targets
- Support projects - application for payment
- System development - using an ERP system and extensive Excel reporting
What type of person are we looking for?
You will be a fully Qualified Accountant, ACA / CIMA / ACCA and have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position, ideally in a fast paced, multi-site business. You will be commercially astute and have the ability to consistently challenge results as required.
The role requires a dynamic, forward thinking person to ensure the finance department is always striving to perform to a world class standard. The job holder will be a strong individual, able to influence others and have the ability to get the best performance from their team.
What salary and benefits will you get in return?
Salary range £50,000 - £60,000, Company pension, Healthcare.