Head of Digital Product
With this opportunity to head up the product roadmap for a digital start-up, you're going to be taking a recently launched proposition out of its digital garage, driving its growth in mainstream consumer markets, delivering great customer experiences and 'best in market' digital experiences too.
The business is evolving rapidly, experiencing significant growth in headcount and set to deliver impressive business results too. The reason is both the disruptive nature of the service, and also the backing received from its FTSE top 50 parent to establish its brand presence quickly.
As the Head of Product, you will own the digital experience and product roadmap across platforms - web and app. You will be leading a team of Product Managers, UX'ers and testers, acting as the face of the business unit responsible for managing things like product feature development and managing the backlogs, user journey and core functionality - delivering a high quality experience and service that meets the needs of consumers, whilst achieving business objectives too.
This is expected to be something that takes off and grows rapidly, since it offers key USP's others in this particular industry can't, and that's realised because of its affiliation with the parent company.
Future career prospects are similarly strong for someone taking on this challenge. As the business becomes established, the customer base grows, as will the team you lead. So they're looking for someone with significant headroom for career development, taking on a bigger and broader remit as things develop - with a prospect of this role evolving into a general management position further down the line.
As the ideal candidate, you will have worked in a similar kind of environment before. By that we anticipate you will have experienced the growing pains a rapid growth digital business typically faces, and know how to successfully navigate them. Especially having dealt with the evolution when a start-up makes the moves to become more 'grown up', bringing in more corporate process, with an real importance to act inclusively and collaboratively across other teams to achieve results.
So if you're the kind of person who's able to comfortably lead a capability like this, have a predigree established within either a digitally native tech start-up, or established consumer businesses with exceptional digital platform delivered over web and app; and would love the opportunity to take a key leadership position which owns the product experience of the next digitally disruptive brand to emerge from its digital incubator. As well as be the person who can comfortably sit between introverted developers and extroverted business people, managing the expectations and influencing the delivery of both. This could be just the kind of opportunity you're looking for!
Role: Head of Digital Product
Location: Central London (Zone 1) principally - with some travel to Middlesex
Salary: £75,000 to £100,000 (based on experience)
Benefits: Car allowance, very good bonus, pension, healthcare, flex-fund and lots more.
- Experience established in a Tech start-up, or digital business that's gone through significant growth
- You've been responsible for the digital product roadmap - covering digital experience end-to-end across all platforms (web, app, device), all features and functionality, customer experience
- You've been the product owner for an app - deciding what's possible with it - from minimum viable product to get it into market right through to deciding the roadmap for future development, deciding what's right to do to achieve the very best customer experience and being obsessive about how it looks and works
- You're analytical - looking at the behavioural and usage data of the app and website - understanding why things are happening and how to remediate problems and well as enhance customer experience
- Experienced team leader of digitally native individuals including product managers & UX people
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.