Broadcast Graphics Developer
Part of the Bruin Sports Capital group, Deltatre is a global leader in sport business providing a comprehensive range of digital and broadcast solutions for the world's largest sport events, federations, media partners and brands. With a team of around 500 people across Turin, London, Manchester, Munich, Hamburg, Paris, Geneva, Miami, Mumbai, Singapore and Tokyo, Deltatre has over 30 years’ experience at the highest level of international sport.
Our client portfolio includes UEFA, FIFA, the English Premier League, ATP World Tour, European Tour, European Athletics, NBC Universal, BBC, BT Sport and Star TV amongst others. Deltatre supports rights owners and holders in delivering multi-dimensional and multi-platform sporting coverage focusing on three different experiences:
- Online - providing truly immersive digital user experiences;
- Onstage - adding value for viewers on venue and on linear TV;
- Backstage - covering the full content experience for fans pre, during or post event.
The services provided by Deltatre range from sport media strategies, creative design, websites, mobile apps, live streaming and OTT platforms, to the delivery of results and TV graphics, as well as a comprehensive sport event management system.
The London office, based in Wimbledon, was formed in August 2002 and is responsible for managing the group’s activities in the UK, India and Singapore.
We are looking for a talented broadcast graphic developer to work on high-profile technology and multimedia projects within the international sports industry. The successful person will be an experienced VizRT designer with experience in broadcast graphic design.
The primary focus of the role will involve using VizRT systems and proprietary technologies in broadcast workflows. Working on a wide range of projects, including some of the biggest sporting events in the world, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining graphics projects, working on complex yet intuitive interactive scene designs, scripting, designing and delivering in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of live television broadcast with a history of working as a graphic operator on sport productions.
The position will cover a range of projects and may require participation in client meetings. From time to time the role may require out of office hours support around sports events and or travel to client installations both in the UK and abroad. Input into product development, technology strategic direction, and mentoring junior team members may also be required.
- Expert knowledge of VizRT Engine/Artist including VizScript
- Experience or willingness to learn alternative render platforms (Unity/Unreal etc)
- Extensive experience with other broadcast graphic workflows and tools including Mosart, VCP, Trio, iNews
- Experience working with large data sets and feeds, preferably sports data
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
- Ability to work in teams with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to present skills and share knowledge in internal seminars and workshops
Strategic & Operations
- Good knowledge of sport, preferably football, rugby or cricket
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions
- Help the Project Manager to identify potential issues and resolve them with technical expertise
- Well versed with the state of the art technologies within Broadcast/Software development
- Understand the departmental goals
- Ensure project quality and optimization and understanding and acceptance of QA processes
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure that projects meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel when required both within UK and abroad
- Willingness to work evening and weekends if and when required for projects deliveries
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent