Junior Oil Operator
Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Oil, Gas, Power, LNG etc. based in Central London. The business continues to grow, and develop into exciting new products; offering new employees a very entrepreneurial, fast paced and changing environment to work in.
Due to this growth, we are seeking a junior Oil Operator, with current work based commercial experience within the Oil trading sector. We are looking for a highly organised individual with the ability to work independently whilst also being a good team player. The successful candidate will need to be a team player, but also someone that can communicate their ideas clearly and negotiate when needed.
- Co-ordinating operations from trade inception to completion relating to products (mainly distillates, but also for cover in Bio Fuels and Gasoline).
- Requires frequent afterhours and weekend work to complete operational tasks.
- Work closely with traders.
- Work independently in handling varied and complex operational issues.
- Be proficient in Platts and ICE barge rules and nomination procedures.
- Obtain clean acceptance of barges in a timely manner.
- Fix barges (under chartering guidelines), issue voyage orders and monitor progress of barges, informing trading of any slippage or speed-ups in a timely manner.
- Appoint approved inspectors as required.
- Ensure cargo loading and discharging adhere to any credit or L/C requirements.
- Accurately update database and spreadsheets in a timely fashion.
- Check all calculations relating to the trade (freight, demurrage, product, inspectors, cargo superintendents, gains/losses, insurance and additives).
- Be knowledgeable of TTB rules.
- Minimize profit leakage.
- Make or assist in claims where necessary.
- Establishing and maintaining good and professional working relationships with internal and external counterparties.
- Maintain accurate records of each cargo including prompt and accurate filing.
- Maintain excellent HSE standards.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all operational processes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Commercial Experience - Desired. Minimum 2 years-commercial experience within Oil Trading.
- Teamwork - Fosters ethical business relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers. Works effectively with peers, customers, and management. Maintains a positive attitude.
- Communication- Clearly presents thoughts and ideas, both orally and in writing.
- Organisation - Exhibits highly organised approach to detailed work. Maintains accurate and effective files.
- Multi-Tasking abilities - Proactively manages multiple, time sensitive tasks simultaneously and under pressure.
- Analytical/problem solving - Thinks and manages problems and tasks through to completion. Evaluates and understands financial impact of decisions/activities.
- Knowledge and experience in IT including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.