Programme Manager (Infrastructure/Clinical Systems)
Circa £75-79k per annum
We are currently recruiting for one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK with a long standing history dating back almost 900 years. My client is a leading provider of healthcare infrastructure design, build and maintenance with a focus of providing innovative efficiency improvements within the trust. The organisation provides an ethical approach with a focus on making a huge difference within the NHS. They combine exceptionally high standards and public sector values with commercial focus, innovative thinking and modern technology to create the best possible patient experience. The technology arm to the business provides a broad range of IT services to the trust covering desktop, email, clinical/administrative systems, network, mobility, telephony and IT training with an aim of making digital healthcare a reality.
The Programme Manager is responsible for managing large scale and complex programmes of work that impact across the organisation. Ensuring all projects within the programme are managed, supported and delivered within the PRINCE2© framework, standards and principles ensuring qualitative delivery to time, within local budgets and other tolerances.
This role requires the post holder to provide expert advice, strong leadership and clear direction to the teams they manage. The successful candidate will directly manage a team including Project Managers and will provide strategy and guidance in line with trust policy
* Accountable for planning, structuring, leading and executing the programme of high risk and complexity
* Plan the programme and monitoring its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
* Identify and remove system, process, resource and personnel bottlenecks that pose significant constraints to our ability to meet the programme plan, targets and improved quality
* Lead on all aspects of programme governance
* Lead, develop and establish various Programmes across the Trust
* Full line management responsibilities for the allocated team
* Accountable for the range of budgets within the Programme and individual projects associated
* Communicate with all stakeholders and provide regular progress update
* Produce written documentation, including status reports, information/data/reports as required
* Extensive programme or complex project management experience
* Experience of developing long term strategic plans which involves cross organisation impact using appropriate methodologies e.g. PRINCE2©
* Experience of programme/ project budget setting and management of more than £5m
* Previous team management experience
* Excellent stakeholder management experience
* Experience of managing IT infrastructure projects including Data Centre, Wireless Networking, SharePoint, Mobility or Digital
Ideal candidates will have previous Healthcare/NHS exposure, however this isn't essential.
This is a fantastic, rewarding opportunity to join an innovative technology services provider making a difference within the NHS. If you are interested please apply now for immediate consideration.