Mainframe Application Architect
Mainframe Application Architect, Brighton
Salary Range £50,000 - £60,000
Syntel is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) solutions worldwide. The organisation has been growing rapidly and faster than any of its peer set.
There is currently a vacancy for a Mainframe Application Architect within the UK to work with one of the organisation’s largest clients at a client location in Brighton. The holder of this role will be able to lead a team as well as work as individual contributor.
Proposed job duties include:
- Lead the team for the project delivery from end to end;
- Independently design and implement complex batch applications with different design patterns;
- Optimise code to run in the most efficient manner, encompassing old and newly developed components;
- Identify upcoming trends and new tools emerging in the industry;
- Participate in conferences and customer forums;
- provide updates and training to the business teams in order to develop and propel the company to become market leader;
- Create universal reusable components to reduce the project execution costs;
- Ensure timely delivery of project execution.
Mandatory Eligibility Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above from a recognised university;
- Expertise in Database design/Software tools - DB2/Oracle/QMF/SPUFI/VSAM;
- Expertise in Service now, data studio, changeman, file aid;
- Excellent knowledge of the following languages - Cobol, SAS, REXX, SQL, CLIST, MVS JCL,UNIX, CA-Easytrieve ;
- Expertise in using the following utilities - SORT, DB2 utilities;
- Must have extensive prior experience working as a mainframe application architect
Recommended Eligibility Criteria
- Strong working knowledge of Mainframes and Database Design;
- Senior level Mainframe Architect, having lead many architecture and design projects;
- Strong technical and Domain Development experience specifically in the banking and capital market domains.
- Should be result oriented, strategic thinker, highly analytical with a documented record of increasing application performance and reducing costs
If you are interested, please reply to this advert with a CV and covering letter.
Closing date: Sunday 16th July 2017