Senior Front-End Developer
Are you an innovator who likes to be at the front? Are you ready to love Mondays and develop your career with one of the most visited digital platforms in the UK?
With over 11 million registered users, reed.co.uk is one of the largest and busiest online destinations in the UK both via our website and mobile apps. We're looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to join us on our mission to slay the beast of career misery and make Mondays the greatest day of them all. You will need to be excited at the thought of going to work and ready to innovate and think on your feet.
As a member of the front-end development team, you will work across the full range of reed.co.uk products and services, in an agile environment, with responsibility for the new developments and features of our products, while also maintaining existing products. You will be a key player in moving the team forward by upgrading our tech stack and using cutting-edge tools that will allow us to get our client-side code to a new level while delivering amazing experiences to our customers.
What you’ll do
- Develop new features and products
- Bring new technologies to the table and lead the team in their adoption
- Improve our existing code base
- Collaborate effectively with a variety of people either within your scrum team or in the wider product floor
- Represent the front-end team in meetings
- Project plan the delivery of new functionality
- Help maintain the knowledgebase and documentation
- Drive the development of modern single page applications
What you’ll need
- To be a brilliant communicator both with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS - did we say the phrase expert knowledge?
- Demonstrable ability to produce cross-browser and cross-platform code
- Experience with frameworks like Angular/Angular2/React
- Previous experience in the development of single-page web applications that consume Restful APIs
- Strong knowledge of optimization techniques
- Experience of source control systems before (preferably Git)
- A passion for learning and keeping up to date with the latest developments in the front-end development space
What you’ll get
- Fantastic development opportunities with a structured career path and tailored talent plans
- Up to 30 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays
- Love Mondays campaign – something new happening every Monday – pizza Mondays, massages, yoga etc.
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
**Other benefits childcare vouchers, a company pension scheme, personal accident cover, a personal development allowance and free eye tests.
The role is right if you want to work hard and develop your career in a rewarding, challenging, fun environment.
This role isn’t right for you if you want to work in a ‘boiler room’, don’t want to move your career forward or are more of a Sunday person.
So if you want to work for the UK’s biggest recruitment brand and you’re ready to Love Mondays, get in touch today.