Video Content Producer (Part Time)
Video Content Producer (Part Time)
Buckfastleigh, Devon (office/field based, with travel throughout Buckfastleigh and the surrounding area)
£25,000 DOE pro rata
We’re mad about organic veg. It’s at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes and deliver it to customers’ doorsteps around the UK. This takes a lot of brilliant people, with a range of skills and knowledge.
Riverford began in 1986, with a few acres of veg, a wheelbarrow and a beaten up 2CV for deliveries. We’ve grown into a successful e-commerce business, with four farms, three packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesalers, butchery, organic restaurant and pub. We employ people across many areas including IT, Logistics, Sales, HR, Finance and Marketing (and more besides).
Our culture and values set us apart from other businesses. Riverford is a friendly, informal place to work, with a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit. We’re committed to providing a fair deal for growers, customers and staff.
An experienced self-shooter with strong editing skills, you will initially be responsible for filming our regular weekly releases of recipe videos.
These are a mixture of short graphic-led non-sync videos, primarily designed for social media consumption, then moving into presenter-led recipes, working with our talented cooks and chefs, farmers and of course Riverford founder Guy Watson.
The look and feel of all of our videos is critical; no twee music and indifferent editing here. These videos are a reflection of our brand and, as such, need to work hard to show how we are different. Working closely with our Head of Content, each video needs careful attention to detail from pre-production, shooting, edit and dub.
Are you the right person to join us? They will be filmed in our on-site video and photography studio located on our beautiful farm, and there will also be opportunities to create videos around our events like Welcome Suppers and Pumpkin Day, and with our (often well-known) guest chefs going forward. You may also be asked to cut footage shot by other members of the team.
Skills & experience
- An experienced self-shooter, familiar with semi-professional digital cameras (e.g. Canon XA30 or Sony NEX-VG30H) and both radio mic and boom sound recording
- Experience of both location and studio shoots
- Making food look good on camera; we need someone who knows how critical treatment of food and controlling lighting is to the finished video
- Trained in Adobe Premiere Pro editing (experience of Premiere Pro After Affects a definite plus)
- Able to handle actuality-based footage as well as graphic-heavy edits
- Collaborative and creative - we want your ideas, but we also need flexibility to work as a team and understand brand needs in our video production
- Stills photography skills - there is scope to support our in-house photography needs too so if you know how to handle a DSLR, please tell us about it
- That human touch - it’s not always easy being on camera; we need you to make our presenters feel comfortable so that the finished videos feel natural
- A passion for real food, the countryside and the environment helps! Good food, good farming and good business are what Riverford is about; if you understand why these are important, you are likely to be a good fit
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people - and other benefits too. We offer 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), a generous company pension scheme and an annual profit share. We love food and hope you do too, so we give staff 25% off everything we sell on our website; heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches in the staff canteen; and free organic fruit and veg. There are also many social events for staff, with two big parties a year.
This is a part time role, working a minimum of three days out of five. This role is available on a full time basis for the right candidate.
To apply for the role of Video Content Producer (Part Time), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Video Content Producer, Part Time, Videographer, Video Editor, Producer, Video Maker, Video Producer, Filming, Video Production.
Working hours: Part time, minimum of 3 days out of 5 (full time is available for the right candidate)